How to Teach English using Electronics Media

There many ways to learn English using Electronics media such as video, internet and song.
So, this is my list :
1. Video
Take your favorite movie or TV Show and find some funny or unique scenes. Use this scenes to motivate students to involve in the lesson. My favorite one is Friends (sitcom aired for the first time in 1996 buy the series here ).
You can also use interview recording or radio recording to engage students in listening activity.
2.Internet
To catch students attention, teachers can use the front-page of famous site such as yahoo, facebook, twitter or skype. Teachers can use the page as reading material. It's also fun to blank some words on it and ask students to fill out the blank spaces.
3.Song Lyric
I used Last Kiss by Pearl Jam to review past tense and present tense. I used the song because it uses many past tense form of verbs. To make the activity interesting I omit some verbs and let students fill out the blank spaces according to the song they listen to. Teachers can also use "I Will Survive" from Cake or Dear Diary (LP Version)m2m,esl,free,buy,dear diary,learn english,audio by M2M. The last song is quite slow so it's suitable for low level students.
Another alternative is "I Believe I Can Fly" from R Kelly to learn modals.

Comments

  1. Thanks for the "Last Kiss" song idea.

    Here are ideas on blogging in class, and using a Wiki, plus a few other "Electronics Media" ideas:

    http://www.teachingenglishgames.com/Articles/Technology_ESL_Classroom.htm

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment