Non-British Experience Looking for A Job in Birmingham

One of the most basic necessity is having a decent living that enables ones to bring food to the table and pay the bills. Without a job almost nothing can be derived to meet every day needs. This is not a statement that is free from criticisms or contentions but to say that people can live without a job is a total absurd utterance for many of us. It is clear that bank notes are demanded when we're trading in shops or markets. Almost everyone need money and the easiest way to get fresh money is by having a job that makes us being paid in the end of the month (or in the beginning for some).

As an Indonesian in the UK, I'm no exception. I badly need money. Though is not everything you need on hourly basis, but still I need it. As my scholarship does not disburse on time, I have to struggle and split my time between working and studying. It is a very unidealistic situation but I have to be strong and think quickly to solve the problem and pressure. 

What problem? Financial problem of course. What pressure? Family and my own pressure. My family has to be the #1 as my wife has a newly born baby. Time is the basic requirement for happy family. I have to provide that on top of studying. Money is also an essential requirement for solid family. Also I'm not allowed to be stressed out by supervisor expectations.

So, 3 months ago I was applying for a part time job in a supermarket. It is a good opportunity for me to get extra money and extra time practicing my English. After three months, the job has turned to be a main income source for my family. It is supposed to be the scholarship stipend. Unfortunately, the stipend was already three months behind. It was expectedly being transferred in May, but up to this point zero penny has been accepted.

In this occasion I want to underline several things to get a job in the UK as soon as possible. This tips is written specifically for international students as I myself is an international student in the University of Birmingham.

Comments